Thursday, April 23, 2009

Warm Reception

Focused on the process of “Belong – Believe – Behave,” Pa. Scott Solberg of Wethersfield EFC shared encouragement with the WEFC church community.

"Through the power of love and the clarity of the gospel, people are finding themselves believing. The most recent testimony I read for this Sunday was from a gentleman who started coming to church because his wife encouraged him to do so. Initially, he felt warmly received. I think this put his mind and heart at ease so that he could hear the message of the gospel. Then one Sunday, in the quietness of his heart, at the end of a message, the truth of the gospel became clear to him and he gave his heart to Christ. At the end of his testimony he said, “I now follow Jesus not because of what I want Him to do for me; but because, quite simply, HE….IS….GOD, and he who believes has everlasting life.” I share this with you because this all began with a warm reception and a sense of belonging. So . . . keep it up!"

What does your church do to welcome newcomers?

No comments:

Post a Comment